Job Number 23212026
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The St. Regis Jakarta, Rajawal Place Jalan HR Rasuna Said Kav. B/4, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assists in the oversight of the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Housekeeping Operations
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Assists in the supervision of daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs
- Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Combining timeless glamour with a vanguard spirit, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts is committed to delivering exquisite experiences at more than 50 luxury hotels and resorts in the best addresses around the world. Beginning with the debut of The St. Regis hotel in New York by John Jacob Astor IV at the dawn of the twentieth century, the brand has remained committed to an uncompromising level of bespoke and anticipatory service for all of its guests, delivered flawlessly by a team of gracious hosts that combine classic sophistication and modern sensibility, as well as our signature Butler Service. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis. In joining St. Regis, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.