Job Number 23152294
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Labuan Bajo, One Marriott Drive, Labuan Bajo, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Cradled between a labyrinth of wild forests and the pearlescent shores of the Flores Sea, sits the luxurious sanctuary of TA’AKTANA, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Labuan Bajo. A haven made for the adventurous, sea-seeking Explorers and Collectors from near and far.
Easily accessible, it is the perfect base to explore everything West Flores and Komodo National Park offer at one’s own rhythm.
This is Marriott International’s first property in the region of Flores. With 70 keys including luxuriously appointed Sea Villas, Family Suites and oversized rooms, this property will be one of a kind in the portfolio of the company in Indonesia.
A wedding chapel to make those memories unforgettable, culinary delights to tantalize the tastebuds, views of spectacular sunsets from a Bar immersed in the sea to relaxing spa treatments are just some of the choices that we be on offer to the discerning traveller.
Position responsible for assigned food and beverage/culinary operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Food and Beverage Operations
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
- Uses coaching skills throughout the property.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele internally and externally.
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, with over 120 properties in more than 35 countries, offers the promise of authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories. Our more than 100 years of experience, beginning in 1906 under the Italian CIGA brand – a collection of Europe’s most celebrated and iconic properties – serves as a solid foundation as we continuously evolve to exceed the desires of the luxury traveler.
From legendary palaces and remote retreats to timeless modern classics, each luxury hotel and resort is a unique and cherished expression of its locale – a portal to the destination’s cultural charms and treasures. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling, a keen interest and passion for this destination’s heritage, and a desire to deliver genuine, personalized, and anticipatory hospitality, then we invite you on our journey. In joining The Luxury Collection, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.