Additional Information Asst Director of Finance – Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel
Job Number 23165380
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel, Jalan Ringroad Utara, Yogyakarta, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assistant Director of Finance – Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel
The Assistant Controller manages the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Accounting Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, and recognize performance.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Provides excellent leadership (e.g., differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and encourages work/life balance).
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy.
- Solicits employee feedback.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Reconciles balance sheet.
- Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Ensures account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
- Ensures property permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
- Leverages centralized accounting processes and shared services.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 100 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. JW Marriott associates are confident, innovative, genuine, intuitive, and carry on the legacy of the brand’s namesake and company founder, J.Willard Marriott. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can pursue your passions in a luxury environment with a focus on holistic well-being. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™. In joining JW Marriott, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.