Job Number 23114514
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Labuan Bajo, One Marriott Drive, Labuan Bajo, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Cradled between a labyrinth of wild forests and the pearlescent shores of the Flores Sea, sits the luxurious sanctuary of Ta’aktana, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Labuan Bajo. A haven made for the adventurous, sea-seeking Explorers and Collectors from near and far.
Easily accessible, it is the perfect base to explore everything West Flores and Komodo National Park offer at one’s own rhythm.
This is Marriott International’s first property in the region of Flores. With 70 keys including luxuriously appointed Sea Villas, Family Suites and oversized rooms, this property will be one of a kind in the portfolio of the company in Indonesia.
A wedding chapel to make those memories unforgettable, culinary delights to tantalize the tastebuds, views of spectacular sunsets from a Bar immersed in the sea to relaxing spa treatments are just some of the choices that we be on offer to the discerning traveller.
Oversees the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients/departments as they work with and understand these processes. Directs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution. Supervises other Finance and Accounting employees in areas relating to general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers and related reporting.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 1 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Balances credit card ledgers.
- Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
- Completes period end function each period.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Supports the development, mentoring and training of employees.
- Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
- Trains people on account receivable posting techniques.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Demonstrates personal integrity.
- Uses effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Makes collections calls if necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.