Job Number 23174415
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location TA’AKTANA a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Labuan Bajo, One Marriott Drive, Labuan Bajo, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Cradled between a labyrinth of wild forests and the pearlescent shores of the Flores Sea, sits the luxurious sanctuary of TA’AKTANA, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Labuan Bajo. A haven made for the adventurous, sea-seeking Explorers and Collectors from near and far.
Easily accessible, it is the perfect base to explore everything West Flores and Komodo National Park offer at one’s own rhythm.
This is Marriott International’s first property in the region of Flores. With 70 keys including luxuriously appointed Sea Villas, Family Suites and oversized rooms, this property will be one of a kind in the portfolio of the company in Indonesia.
A wedding chapel to make those memories unforgettable, culinary delights to tantalize the tastebuds, views of spectacular sunsets from a Bar immersed in the sea to relaxing spa treatments are just some of the choices that we be on offer to the discerning traveller.
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
- Controls inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver (e.g., adequate clean supplies of each).
- Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for serviceware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Leading Kitchen Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Understands the impact of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Attends meetings and communicates with executive, peers, and subordinates as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees in the organization.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures utility staff is properly trained regarding sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, with over 120 properties in more than 35 countries, offers the promise of authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories. Our more than 100 years of experience, beginning in 1906 under the Italian CIGA brand – a collection of Europe’s most celebrated and iconic properties – serves as a solid foundation as we continuously evolve to exceed the desires of the luxury traveler.
From legendary palaces and remote retreats to timeless modern classics, each luxury hotel and resort is a unique and cherished expression of its locale – a portal to the destination’s cultural charms and treasures. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling, a keen interest and passion for this destination’s heritage, and a desire to deliver genuine, personalized, and anticipatory hospitality, then we invite you on our journey. In joining The Luxury Collection, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.