Job Number 23220548
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Pacific Place, Sudirman Central Business District Jl. Jendral Sudirman, Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Manages and controls heat, light and power.
- Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand’s business strategy.
- Develops and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the development of department’s capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
- Understands the impact of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. Attracting the world’s top hospitality professionals who curate lifelong memories, we believe that everyone succeeds when they are empowered to be creative, thoughtful and compassionate.
Every day, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over and pride ourselves on delivering excellence in the care and comfort of our guests.
Your role will be to ensure that the “Gold Standards” of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day. The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton and are what guides us each day to be better than the next. It is this foundation and our belief that our culture drives success by which The Ritz Carlton has earned the reputation as a global brand leader in luxury hospitality. As part of our team, you will learn and exemplify the Gold Standards, such as our Employee Promise, Credo and our Service Values. And our promise to you is that we offer the chance to be proud of the work you do and who you work with.
In joining The Ritz-Carlton, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.