Job Number 23185271
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Lampung Marriott Resort & Spa, One Marriott Drive, Bandar Lampung, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Lampung Marriott Resort & Spa offers 162 rooms, with unobstructed view of the beach and Lampung Bay. The resort comes with an multiple Food & Beverage venues, such as an all day dining restaurant, a specialty restaurant (beachfront restaurant), bakery, lobby lounge, roof top bar and a pool bar. Function facilities include a ballroom at 1,200SM and 3 meeting rooms. Other facilities includes spa, kid’s club and recreation center. Located on the east coast of Padang Cermin District of Pesawaran Regency in Lampung Province on the southern tip of Sumatra Island, the resort is near the Hurun Village and features natural lush landscape of gentle slopes with a direct beachfront stretching approximately 150 M. The resort is 30 minutes drive to Lampung City and 70mins away from Radin Intan II International Airport. The hotel is projected to open in Q1, 2024.
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader. The position champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 3 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 1 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans
- Creates the annual operating budget for the property.
- Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
- Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic direction.
- Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department’s actual and projected sales.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
Leading Finance Teams
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property’s strategies and to lead own team.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers’ clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to standard operating procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Attends meetings and communicating with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
- Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
- Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand standard operating procedures and owner requirements.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance Goals
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Develops and supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Improves profit growth in operating departments.
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor the purchasing process as applicable.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
- Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
- Conduct performance review process for employees.
- Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 100 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. JW Marriott associates are confident, innovative, genuine, intuitive, and carry on the legacy of the brand’s namesake and company founder, J.Willard Marriott. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can pursue your passions in a luxury environment with a focus on holistic well-being. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™. In joining JW Marriott, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.