Job Number 23157361
Job Category Human Resources
Location The St. Regis Jakarta, Rajawal Place Jalan HR Rasuna Said Kav. B/4, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General Manager, with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
- Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
- Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
- Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
- Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
- Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
- Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
- Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
- Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
- Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
- Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
- Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
- Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
- Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities
- Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
- Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
- Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
- Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Combining timeless glamour with a vanguard spirit, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts is committed to delivering exquisite experiences at more than 50 luxury hotels and resorts in the best addresses around the world. Beginning with the debut of The St. Regis hotel in New York by John Jacob Astor IV at the dawn of the twentieth century, the brand has remained committed to an uncompromising level of bespoke and anticipatory service for all of its guests, delivered flawlessly by a team of gracious hosts that combine classic sophistication and modern sensibility, as well as our signature Butler Service. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis. In joining St. Regis, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.