Job Number 23101444
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Jalan Ir. H. Juanda 390, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
- Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
- Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
- Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
- Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
- Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.