Denpasar, Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia | Hotel | Conrad Bali | HOT08CQH
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Assistant Manager Guest Relations is concerned with the strategic management of the Front Office department following Hilton brand standards, policies and procedures. This role is responsible for the operation of all Front Desk operations, the Transportation team, Concierge, and telephone service centre.
What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Manager Guest Relations, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rates.
- Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guests’ needs, code electronic keys, confirms the room number and rates with a written confirmation.
- Promote and administer Hilton marketing programs such as Hilton Honors for arriving guests, ensuring guests know the location of rooms containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc., to guests.
- Ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guests’ statements, properly stating services provided by the hotel.
- Assist guests with check-out payments or charges, accepting and recording vouchers, credits, traveller’s checks and other forms of payment, converting foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome with a positive and clear speaking voice, listen and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receive special requests from guests and respond appropriately or forward requests to appropriate team members for their decisions and actions.
- Take an active role in the team by being kind, cooperative, and helpful, never forgetting the person behind the guest.
- Actively take part in training where and when required, attending formal training sessions and on the job training to ensure standards and develop skills and abilities.
- Contribute to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.
- Take on an active role in the Executive Floor team, ensuring effective communication and work as a team in order to reach goals and targets.
- Create a warm and welcoming arrival for guests, ensuring that they feel expected and immediately “at-home” when they arrive.
- Check-in guests in accordance with their reservation details, ensuring that the registration cards are completed, reservation information confirmed, Hilton Honors and Frequent Flyer numbers enquired, and method of payment is secured.
- Handle complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Duty Manager or Guest Relations Manager to follow-up where appropriate.
- Follow-up with all guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution.
- Maintain awareness of guests’ profiles and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
- Ensure that VIP guests are treated personally and recognized as an individual.
- Assist the Guest Service Manager by blocking rooms according to guests’ preferences.
- Coordinate with Amenity Butlers to arrange in-room amenity set-ups according to VIP level and for special occasions – e.g. Birthdays and Honeymoon.
- Facilitate the operation of the VIP gift amenity menu, by offering it to guests, and ensuring that VIPs receive their chosen amenity items.
- Liaise with Sales, Reservations and the Business Development team to handle corporate guests.
- Promote Hilton Honors and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program, ensuring that existing Hilton Honors members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
- Ensure a prompt and efficient departure by settling guest’s accounts as per billing and reservation instructions, ensuring that all guests’ folios are correct.
- Input information into Fidelio regarding guests, ensuring accuracy and that all details are completed, and information can be clearly understood by other team members.
- Apply Hilton’s brand standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
- Knowledgeable of the hotel’s facilities and services as well as basic knowledge of Hilton International, MEAP and other properties in China.
- Up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interest, sights and activities in and around the hotel.
- Effectively communicate, coordinate and cooperate with Housekeeping, F&B, Engineering and IT.
- Report problems with hotel systems, hardware or facilities to the appropriate parties and follow-up to ensure that corrective actions have been taken.
- Pass on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person and that any pending action is completed, and guest satisfaction is confirmed.
- Attend daily briefings, shift handovers, meetings and read the logbook on a daily basis.
- Check registration cards, meeting and function information, billing instructions, and reservation backup to ensure that all information received is acted upon.
- Ensure that the Front Desk stock is managed and not wasted, maintaining costs where possible.
- Keep up to date and aware of competitors’ activities in order to be informed.
- Adhere to the hotel’s selling strategy of demand-based pricing and maintain rate integrity by offering clear, transparent, and value for money rates to guests.
- Comply with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, Disaster manuals, Fire procedures and regulations.
- Be a part of the Fire team when and where directed.
- Adhere strictly to standard cash handling procedures, be sure to balance float and drop the required amount, managing cash, credit card transactions, city ledgers, vouchers and all other forms of payment correctly.
- Follow-up on outstanding accounts to ensure no loss of revenue and secure method of payment for upcoming reservations.
- Maintain the efficiency of departure by checking all guest’s folios to ensure accuracy of charges.
- Maintain awareness of sales opportunities within the hotel, maximizing revenue in an ethical and responsible manner, ensuring that guests receive value for money and adhering to Hilton’s brand standards.
- Attempt to communicate with guests in guests’ native language, if applicable.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and heavy hotel activity, resolving complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s team member rules and regulations.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Manager Guest Relations serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Good team player.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Patient, responsible and proactive in dealing with problems.
- Able to maintain excellent relations with team members.
- Able to work under great physical and mental pressure.
- Familiar with computer systems.
- Fluent in spoken and written English to meet business needs.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!