Job Number 23188687
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Mega Kuningan, Jl. DR. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Kav.E.1.1 no.1, Jakarta, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible verifying that operations are in compliance with hygiene and food safety standards. Advises on proper food handling practices and provides food hygiene training for all new hires and trainees. Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action. Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requriements.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
Environmental Health Degree or Culinary Degree
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Hygience and Food Safety Operations
- Verifies compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requriements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
- Advises and monitors food handlers on the proper good handling practices and verifies their observance.
- Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action.
- Verifies complianace with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food operations.
- Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
- Provides in-house food hygiene training for all good handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
- Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and local food sategey and health departments on food hygiene matters.
- Conducts and records daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene condictions and provides corrective action plans as necessary.
- Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership.
- Conducts regular internal BSA inspections with culinary leadership and kitchen cleaning staff.
- Conducts regular inspections on the kitchen of kitchen equipment and verifies defects and non-conformities are remedied by the appropriate parties.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Liases with pest control company for any pest issues and monitors pest control performance.
- Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
- Regularly reviews and refreshes the food safety standards of all food handlers withing the property.
- Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety stadards throughout the operation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. Attracting the world’s top hospitality professionals who curate lifelong memories, we believe that everyone succeeds when they are empowered to be creative, thoughtful and compassionate.
Every day, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over and pride ourselves on delivering excellence in the care and comfort of our guests.
Your role will be to ensure that the “Gold Standards” of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day. The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton and are what guides us each day to be better than the next. It is this foundation and our belief that our culture drives success by which The Ritz Carlton has earned the reputation as a global brand leader in luxury hospitality. As part of our team, you will learn and exemplify the Gold Standards, such as our Employee Promise, Credo and our Service Values. And our promise to you is that we offer the chance to be proud of the work you do and who you work with.
In joining The Ritz-Carlton, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.