Job Number 23090412
Job Category Human Resources
Location JW Marriott Hotel Medan, Jalan Putri Hijau No. 10, Medan, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision. The position works with the Executive Committee and property leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, customer service and leadership skills. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area; certified trainer.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing and Administering Employee Training
- Coordinates property compliance training programs such as CPR, PAR, Business We Do, Harassment, Fire Safety, Food Handling, OSHA, etc.
- Ensures participants receive the appropriate property and company orientation, understand program materials and build relationships with property leadership team.
- Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Administers and delivers core training initiatives in compliance with corporate training and development standards. Core training initiatives include Orientation, Leadership Skills, Trainer Certification, Diversity Training, and Management Development Program.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
- Develops, implements and maintains a management orientation program to introduce new managers to the expected leadership behaviors and management skills (e.g., financial management, human resources skills).
Managing Employee Development programs
- Provides additional training to participants to increase skills (e.g., HR skills).
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Oversees the Management Development Program.
- Coaches managers to enhance own performance and to improve the performance of employees.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Works with leadership team to determine development needs of managers.
- Designs, develops and delivers a supervisory development program to build effective supervisory skills.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
Developing Training Program Plans
- Develops and maintains an annual or quarterly training calendar.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
- Develops implements and maintains a property orientation program for employees to introduce the company and the culture.
- Selects, trains and develops an internal training cadre to support delivery of technical skills training programs.
Evaluating Training Program Effectiveness
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Tracks key business indicators (employee and guest satisfaction, retention and financial results) to determine the effectiveness of current training and development programs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.