Job Number 23112215
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Manado Marriott Resort and Spa, One Marriott Drive, Manado, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
- Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
- Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
- Develops detailed “shut down” procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
- Comply with applicable laws and safety regulations.
- Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Incorporate into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property’s interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
- Follow Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
- Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
- Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker’s Compensation cases.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
- Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.