Job Number 23142276
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location The Westin Resort Nusa Dua Bali, Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Supports the Director of Recreation in all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Manages the children’s program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
- Manages group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
- Manages pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering guests to regain control and enhance their well-being when they need it most while traveling, ensuring they can be the best version of themselves. To achieve the brand mission of becoming the preeminent wellness brand in hospitality, we need passionate and engaged associates to bring the brand’s unique programming to life. We want our associates to embrace their own well-being practices both on and off property. You are the ideal Westin candidate if you are passionate; you are active and take pride in how you maintain your well-being; you are optimistic; you are adventurous. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing globalteam, and become the best version of you.