Job Number 23057051
Job Category Spa
Location Renaissance Bali Nusa Dua Resort, Kawasan Pariwisata Lot SW 4 & 5, Bali, Bali, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of employees delivering spa services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.